My oldest son will be returning to college next week, and this year he’s living off campus in an apartment. After two years of cafeteria food, he’s very excited to be cooking for himself.
He enjoys good food, will eat pretty much anything, and knows how to cook a few dishes already. Now I’m gathering the recipes and ingredient lists for all the meals from this blog that I think will work for him. Here’s what I’ve listed so far:
- pasta bake
- sour cream chicken enchiladas
- Latin chicken
- salsa beans
- taco stew
- vegetables (as a side and to make veggie quesadillas)
- chicken with biscuit topping
- chicken, burgers or fish with a spice rub
- barbecue bake
- lemon chicken
- chicken Parmesan
- Mexican chicken
- creamy baked chicken
- chicken with pasta
Okay, now I’m asking for your help. What meals do you think would be good for a college student out on his own? (Post the recipes or the links in the comment section…. Thanks!)
A few requirements;
- Nothing that requires too many ingredients or odd ingredients that aren’t easily available.
- Crock pot meals are good.
- All-in-one meals are great (casserole type meals).
- Healthy-ish (not too many processed foods or canned foods as ingredients).
- He likes spicy foods.
- Meals that are good as left-overs.
- Bonus if the meal freezes well.